Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Photos/Review: Amanda Palmer @ Music Hall of Williamsburg

David Byrne on stage with Amanda Palmer
Amanda Palmer @ Music Hall of Williamsburg - June 27, 2012
Photos/Review: James M. Graham

She had her bass player open. He had a horn section and David Byrne. Good.

She had her guitarist open. He had a Scissor Sisters vibe and no David Byrne. OK.

She came on and played most of her new album, ----. A handful of Dresden Dolls songs ("Missed Me") and "Leeds United" from the very underrated "Who Killed Amanda Palmer."

Then she closed the show with David Byrne doing a full-on horn section Talking Heads "Burning Down The House."

It's as close as you're gonna get to a Talking Heads reunion EVER, I think - I hope, so dig it hard.

Me: I saw you in 1982
David Byrne: Where?
Me: Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, Maryland
DB: My parents live there. I mean they used to.
Me: With Adrian Belew and Steve Soles
DB: Right.

Amanda's fans are rabid. Doors at 8pm/show at 9pm - observation at 8pm: floor full and packed.

And she just raised a million dollars (1.2, actually) on Kickstarter. The first to do so.

Her fans are rabid.

Her show rocked my world. Her enthusiasm rocked my world. You could not help but smile. And for god's sake she did a Motels cover???!!!

And that voice...

I love Amanda Fucking Palmer.

---

Photos from last week's show are below...

No comments:

Post a Comment