Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fucking Nostalgic show announcements today


I’m hesitant to post this, fearing yet another show that fits this blog’s content will be announced, but if I wait that long I’ll probably never get around to it. My friends at BrooklynVegan have announced some pretty major shows today, so here goes, in chronological order:

Cibbo Matto @ Brooklyn Bowl on 7/12 & Bowery Ballroom on 7/18

Holy moly. I saw this coming when they did that very short set at Le Poisson Rouge last year and then again in March, but Cibo Matto will head out on a reunion tour in June and July hitting NYC for the two aforementioned shows. Bowery Ballroom tickets will go on AmEx presale Wednesday at 12pm and regular sale this Friday, 5/20. Ticket information for Brooklyn Bowl will be coming shortly. BV also reports that the band is working on material for an album to be released in 2012. Awesome.

Death From Above 1979 @ Williamsburg Waterfront 7/22


I personally never really got into this band, but their reunion at Coachella seemed to be a pretty big deal. When I was at SXSW in March they played a few surprise spots that attracted police and caused pseudo-riots which I always find interesting. DFA1979 will play the Williamsburg Waterfront on 7/22, with tickets going on sale this Friday, May 20th at 12pm.

TV on the Radio @ Williamsburg Waterfront 9/8


I’m still on the fence of whether or not TV on the Radio fits Fucking Nostalgic, but since I do have nostalgic feelings towards their first few releases, I’m going to say they definitely do. And why ignore one of my favorite current bands who will be playing the Williamsburg Waterfront on September 8th? It would be downright silly. I caught them (and shot them) at Radio City last month and thought they were great. Tickets for this destined-to-be-awesome show will also go on sale Friday, May 20th at 12pm.

If you’re keeping track, that’s three shows that go on sale this Friday at 12pm (with the Cibbo Matto 7/12 date going on presale tomorrow at 12pm) so pick your favorite and good luck.

1 comment:

  1. Broken Social Scene have been confirmed to open for TVOTR at the Waterfront too. Definitely worth getting nostalgic for two amazing bands who started up around the turn of the century. :)

    ReplyDelete