Monday, January 9, 2012

Paul McCartney's "Kisses On The Bottom" Gets Artwork, Tracklist

Dude even this artwork is kinda creepster.

As FN reader and contributor Colin pointed out the other day, legendary Beatle Paul McCartney will be releasing a new album next month entitled - hilariously/creepily - Kisses On The Bottom. Yep. Kisses On The Bottom. The album, set for release on February 6 in the UK and 7 elsewhere, will feature a collection of McCartney's renditions of classic standards he listened to as a child (and appreciably nostalgic approach) along with two new songs, "My Valentine (Feat. Eric Clapton)" and "Only Our Hearts." You can stream the former song after the jump and check out the full tracklist, included the expanded list for the Deluxe version of the album coming out on February 14.

Yeah, all well and good, but you really want to know more about that album title, right? According to McCartney's website, its origin is actually (a little) less creepy than we immediately thought:

"Paul has apparently had some fun with his choice of album title—while causing some confusion amongst those who have historically subjected his every move to microscopic scrutiny (with many fixating on an anatomical interpretation!). The phrase ‘Kisses On The Bottom,’ however, actually comes from the album’s opener ‘I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter’. Originally made a big hit by Fats Waller in 1935, the song opens with the lines ‘I’m gonna sit right down and write myself a letter and make believe it came from you. I’m gonna write words oh so sweet. They’re gonna knock me off of my feet. A lot of kisses on the bottom , I’ll be glad I got ‘em’."

Classy! But you probably won't remember that, so let's just keep chuckling at that title. (Thanks to CoS for the tip)



Kisses on the Bottom Tracklist:
01. I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
02. Home (When Shadows Fall)
03. It’s Only A Paper Moon
04. More I Cannot Wish You
05. The Glory Of Love
06. We Three (My Echo, My Shadow And Me)
07. Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive
08. My Valentine (feat. Eric Clapton)
09. Always
10. My Very Good Friend The Milkman
11. Bye Bye Blackbird
12. Get Yourself Another Fool (feat. Eric Clapton)
13. The Inch Worm
14. Only Our Hearts (feat. Stevie Wonder)


Deluxe Version Includes:
15. Baby's Request
16. My One And Only Love

No comments:

Post a Comment