Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Photos: Fenway Recordings CMJ Showcase @ The Studio at Webster Hall (Static Jacks, WATERS, The Damn Personals)

The Damn Personals

Fenway Recording Sessions' CMJ Showcase @ The Studio at Webster Hall - October 20, 2011

Even though I figured out a way to make it out to some sort of event every night of CMJ last week, I feel like as a whole I didn't make it out to about 95% of what I was planning on. Lesson learned: next year I need to take the entire week off from work. Most of the best shows were during the unofficial day parties that blogs, magazines, labels and promotors were putting on, and working a day job didn't complement that too well.

Fortunately, I did catch some great stuff. One of them being the official CMJ showcase of the Boston-based Fenway Recordings at the Studio at Webster Hall. Unbeknownst to me at the time, The Damn Personals were actually playing their first performance since disbanding in 2005, and they were pretty awesome at doing so. Also great: the highly energetic performance of The Static Jacks, who plowed through their short set at the speed and intensity of an '80s punk band in their prime.

Check out a full set of photos below, which also includes the bands Joywave, WATERS and Secret Music...

Joywave




Secret Music




The Static Jacks







WATERS








The Damn Personals







No comments:

Post a Comment