Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Avalanches reissuing Since I Left You

avalanches

Wow… the Avalanches’ 2001 album Since I Left You celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. That means that ten years ago I was a freshman in college, partying at an off-campus kegger, pulled into a cluttered apartment bedroom with nothing more than a mattress and several hundred books and CD’s, handed a, um, cigarette, and told by some dude I’d never met before, “check this out… this is the Avalanches.” Scary how time flies…

Stereogum reports that in celebration of the monumental sample-heavy record’s birthday, Modular will be releasing a deluxe edition of Since I Left You, featuring the original album as well as a bonus disc that includes remixes originally paired with the release, as well as new remixes from acts like MF Doom and Black Dice. Not to mention, B-sides, demo tracks and rarities. Has 2011 been the year of the “reissue” or is it just me?

Also thanks to Stereogum, check out Stereolab’s 2002 remix of “Since I Left You,” a promo-only vinyl rip, as the “original master has long since disappeared from the vaults.” Awesome…

The Avalanches - Since I Left You (Stereolab Remix) by modularpeople


No comments:

Post a Comment