Friday, April 22, 2011

George Harrison diaries being turned into book & Scorsese movie


The private life of George Harrison is about to become not so private. According to Contact Music, the late Beatles guitarist/singer's personal letters, diaries and never before seen photos are about to become a book that will coincide with the release of a documentary by Martin Scorsese. Both the book and film will be titled Living in the Material World: George Harrison, and will be released simultaneously this fall.

According to Wikipedia:
The film will follow Harrison's story from his early life in Liverpool, the success of Beatlemania, his travels to India, the influence of Indian culture in his music, and his relevance and importance as a member of The Beatles. It will consist of previously unseen footage and interviews with Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono, Eric Clapton, Eric Idle, Phil Spector and Tom Petty.
I'm not sure how I would feel if my personal life became the subject of a Scorsese documentary after I die. He's pretty much the last person on earth I'd want reading my diaries and staring at my photos. But Olivia Harrison is reportedly behind it, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment