Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Promise Ring Reunite For Bamboozle Festival ( + Irving Plaza Show In May)

By Geanna Barlaam

If you were angsty in the late 90's, you were probably listening to The Promise Ring. After their split in 2002, the band reunited briefly a few years later, and are now back on tour with a small handful of US city dates. I did a little dance in my chair after seeing they were slotted to play Bamboozle, the often shrugged at Asbury Park music festival this spring. Sure, I'd go down to the Jersey Shore for a fist pump and a Jager Bomb to let my tragic emo heart bleed out on the sand.

But now it seems it won't have to come to that after all (!!), since they've scheduled a date at Irving Plaza for  May 20, right here in our very own city! Tickets will go on sale January 28th at noon, so try and drag your ass out of bed and join me for what will surely be a single tear jerker of an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment